Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Preparation


We have been busy. By busy I mean canning strawberry jam, blueberry jam, raspberry jam, strawberry rhubarb jam, rhubarb chutney and freezing blueberries and strawberries. For those of you who know David and I, this is our courting history! Yes we are food and garden geeks, but who can blame us? We already have so much good food preserved for the winter it is fabulous and with another little mouth to feed, we will have lots of healthy, organic fruits and veggies to feed her!

Speaking of adoption, we have also been consumed with doing our homework. Our agency requires us to complete a "service plan" before we bring our child home. The service plan includes everything from reading adoption books, attachment parenting books, educating ourselves and our family and friends on positive adoption language, take a parenting class, get life insurance, write a will, and so on and so on. It is a lot, but so far it has all been really helpful in getting our life in order to bring home a baby.

We are also planning a trip for next week to visit with momma A in Washington. She and I have been exchanging texts and sharing funny pictures with each other. I am really looking forward to hanging out with her again.

Finally, I have been up to my ears in crafts - collages, knitting, sewing, scrapbooking and so much more. I will share pictures soon. Thanks all for coming along with us on this adventure. Here is one picture of the nursery that I just had to share!

P.S. Have you seen how close we are to reaching our $5,000 goal?! Very exciting. We can't thank you all enough for your donations and support!

1 comment:

  1. Each of your posts is like a little nudge to me to get going. Keep up the posts and the good work. I'm so excited for you both.

    ReplyDelete